Look for the VIN on your motorcycle’s steering neck, located behind the headlight or the front number plate. All vehicles are required to have a VIN. Once you’ve snapped a picture or written down your VIN, give RevZilla Customer Service a call at 877-792-9455 for help determining which submodel you have.
How do I know what model my motorcycle is?
Motorcycle VINs are usually stamped into the steering neck of the motorcycle. This is located just behind the front forks, behind the headlight (if equipped).
Where is the frame number on a motorcycle?
Where to find your motorbike frame or engine number. Frame number is stamped into the frame. Frame number stamped onto plate affixed to the frame. Engine number stamped into engine/crankcase.
How do I check a VIN number on a motorcycle?
Typically, motorcycle vin will be located near the steering head of the motorcycle on a metal plate, either printed or engraved. Once you obtain those 17 digits, you can check the information on your vin for free at VinFreeCheck.
How do I identify my Yamaha motorcycle?
How to Read a Yamaha Motorcycle VIN Number
- Find the VIN on your motorcycle. …
- Make sure none of the digits are missing from the VIN. …
- Determine what your VIN means by the order of the characters. …
- Find the third digit, which identifies the division that manufactured it.
- Find digits four through eight, which identify the features of the bike.
How do you know what year your motorcycle is?
How to Find Motorcycle Years by VIN Numbers
- Locate the VIN on the motorcycle or on the motorcycle’s title.
- Starting from the left-hand side of the sequence, count to the 10th character in the 17 character sequence. Note this character. For example, in the sequence 1KMH78978XA89B328, the 10th character is the letter X.
How do you decode a VIN number on a Honda motorcycle?
How to decode your Honda Motorcycle VIN Number in 5 steps:
- Locate the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) printed on the frame of your Honda motorcycle. …
- Locate the first character. …
- Locate the second character, “H.” This represents the name of the manufacturer, Honda.
- Locate the third character.
How many digits is a motorcycle engine number?
As I mentioned earlier, the motorcycle engine number is made up of around 9 numbers and characters. This is what mainly makes it distinguishable from the VIN other than its location. It should be noted that generally there are 9 characters, but sometimes it can be up to 17 associated numbers.
Where is the VIN number on a motorcycle Kawasaki Ninja?
The VIN can be found on the left front frame rail behind the wheel.
How do I check if a motorcycle is stolen by the VIN number?
There are several ways to accomplish this task.
- Take the VIN numbers to your local police station. …
- Enter the VIN numbers in the VINCheck tool provided on the National Insurance Crime Bureau website. …
- Run the VIN numbers through an online commercial VIN-check service such as Cyclechex.com, cyclevin.com or instavin.com.
How do I find the owner of a motorcycle by VIN number?
Visit add123.com. This is a title history search site sanctioned by the United States Department of Justice. Insert the motorcycle’s VIN number into the search bar and click “check vehicle history.” This will take you to a page from which you can purchase the motorcycle’s title history report.
What year is my motorcycle by Vin?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year. This standard applies to vehicles built in or after 1981. Before 1981, the VIN format was not standardized and varied by manufacturer.