Look at the 10th digit. This will tell what year the bike was made. Motorcycles made before 2001 have letters for identifying years.
How can you tell what year a motorcycle is?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year.
- This standard applies to vehicles built in or after 1981. …
- Note: VINs do not include the letters I (i), O (o), Q (q), U (u) or Z (z), or the number 0, so that they will not be confused with similar looking numbers/letters.
How do you find out what model your motorcycle is?
Motorcycle VINs are usually stamped into the steering neck of the motorcycle. This is located just behind the front forks, behind the headlight (if equipped).
How do you tell the year from a Yamaha Vin?
Look at the 10th figure of the VIN. This stands for the year of the vehicle model. From the years 1988 to 2000, the tenth VIN figure would be “J” to “Y” and thereafter the 10th figure was changed to reflect a number.
How do you read a motorcycle VIN number?
How to Read a Motorcycle VIN Number
- Examine all sides of the steering head of the motorcycle and look for a metal plate with information printed or engraved on it.
- Write down the 17-digit VIN.
- Read the first three numbers, which identify the manufacturer; all motorcycles of the same make should have the same first three digits.
How many VIN numbers are on a motorcycle?
How does a Motorcycle VIN Number Look Like? The Vin of your motorcycle is not something that you should memorize. But understanding where it is engraved on your bike is worth your effort. The motorcycle VIN is a composition of 17 digits, and it is like a fingerprint to the whole history of your motorbike.
How do you decode a VIN number on a Suzuki motorcycle?
On a Suzuki, you will see J signifying Japan, followed by S for Suzuki and 1 for motorcycle. Recognize the next five digits as the VDS or Vehicle Descriptor Section that gives information about the vehicles specifications. Locate the fourth digit of the VDS. This gives the model version by number.
What year is Z in a VIN number?
In the 10th position, you’ll see a letter indicating the model year. The letters from B to Y correspond to the model years 1981 to 2000. The VIN does not use I, O, Q, U or Z. From 2001 to 2009, the numbers 1 through 9 were used in place of letters.
What does the 8th digit of a VIN mean?
You can determine the RPO code if you have the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) from the original vehicle. It’s the engine size! The eighth VIN digit (1) will describe engine information a little more in depth, like … It’s the third and final character that helps to identify the manufacturer and location of build.
Where do you find the build date on a Vin?
You can find your vehicles build date by looking at your VIN number located on the drivers side door frame in a month/year format or by standing outside the driver-side windshield and looking through the lower corner of the windshield on the dashboard. The 10th digit of your VIN will determine your vehicles year.
How do you decode a VIN number?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.
6 авг. 2018 г.